Garden Herb Focaccia #breadbakers
This Garden Herb Focaccia is rich with extra virgin olive oil and herbs fresh from my garden.
I got one thing to say, this garden herb focaccia needs to be drug thru a puddle of extra virgin olive oil or whatever pasta sauce you have on your plate. If you do not do either of these then I feel real sorry for you.
I made this herb focaccia for my #Breadbakers group. This months #breadbaker is hosted by Cooks Hideout.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.
Garden Herb Focaccia
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
5 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons powered milk
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups all purpose flour
4 tablespoons mixed herbs(I used rosemary, thyme and chives)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, butter, milk, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky)
Turn on a floured surface; kneed until smooth and elastic about 6 minutes. Add herbs and kneed into dough. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
Punch dough down. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Placed on a baking tray. Cover and let rise until doubled about 30 minutes. With fingertips make several dimples over top of dough.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the middle sounds hollow. After baking brush with extra virgin olive oil
Breads using Summer Bounty:
- Almond and Carrot Biscuits from Basic N Delicious
- Cheddar Mielie Bread with Sun-Dried Tomatoes from Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bread Pudding from Bakers and Best
- Eggless Rosemary Garlic Dinner Rolls from Spill the Spices
- Garden Herb Focaccia from My Catholic Kitchen
- Herb and Cheese Biscuits from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Herb and Cheese Grissini from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Herbed Butterflaps from Sneha’s Recipe
- Herbs, Spinach and Cheese Bourekas from Cooking Club
- Jalapeño Summer Squash Quick Bread from Magnolia Days
- Mango Kolache from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Peach & Blueberry Meringue Pull Apart Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Peach Pull-Apart Bread from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Peaches and Cream Bread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pizza Cipolla – Onion Pizza from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Rosemary and Garlic Fougasse from Spice Roots
- Rosemary Breadsticks from A Baker’s House
- Spinach Semolina Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Studded Zucchini Yeast Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Sundried Tomato Focaccia with Sauteed Summer Veggies & Garden Salad from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Tomato, Onion, Parmesan Focaccia from Noshing With The Nolands
- Walnut Oat Crumble Courgette Bread from Baking in Pyjamas
- Wholewheat Onion, Spinach & Red Pepper Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Wholewheat Zucchini Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Zucchini Oatmeal Bread from Cali’s Cuisine
- Zucchini/Jalapeño/Cheese Corn Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Peace be with you,