Fleur de sel caramels and #InaFriday
I made Ina’s Fleur de sel Caramels for Ina Friday this month. They were delicious, but I have to tell you, if you do not have a candy thermometer, don’t even think about making these. You need to get your caramel to a firm ball stage and you need a thermometer for that. A few degrees difference and you could end up with a caramel sauce instead of a caramel. I know that the recipe says it takes 10 minutes to get it to firm ball stage, double that. It took me from 20-30 minutes to get there. It was however so worth the fuss. Everyone thinks I am a rock star for making this.
For recipes, information about Ina, her books and shows, visit Ina’s website.
We have an amazing gang of cook-writers lined up. Interested in being part of our group? Please email Alyce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s the schedule:
- Desserts/Other: July
- Appetizers: August
- Salads, Soups, Sides: September
- Main Courses: October
Stop in and see what our fine writers are cooking up on the first Friday of each month:
- Alyce @ More Time At The Table
- Ansh @ Spice Roots
- Barbara @ Moveable Feasts
- Bhavna @ Just a Girl From AAmchi Mumbai
- Chaya @ Bizzy Bakes
- Linda, @ Tumbleweed Contessa
- Linda @ There and Back Again
- Martha @ Simple Nourished Living
- Minnie @ The Lady 8 Home
- Mireya @ My Healthy Eating Habits
- Ria @ Ria’s Collection
- Rocky Mountain Woman @ Rocky Mountain Woman
- Veronica@ My Catholic Kitchen
Peace be with you,