Virginia Pecan Pie #PIDAY
This Pecan pie with chocolate and coconut is rich and decadent, perfect for #PIDAY.
This is one serious Pecan Pie. I plan on serving this at Easter. I bumped up the volume on a normal pecan pie by adding both chocolate and coconut. This is so rich and delicious a small piece should be good for even the best Chocoholic!
I almost didn’t get a piece. You see I cut a wedge, took a picture and promptly gave that slice to my husband. Who in turn devoured it. So 3-4 days later I went to the fridge to get a slice of pie and I was very surprised that there was only one slice left. So I took it and grabbed a glass of milk to go with it.
You need to make this pie, you really do. It is simple easy peasy, especially if you are using the ready made pie crust like I am.
Virginia Pecan Pie
2/3 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ready made pie crust (I used Pillsbury)
6 oz chocolate chips
1 1/3 cup flaked coconut
1 cup pecan pieces
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a small sauce pan combine corn syrup and sugar. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil. Add butter to mixture and stir until it is incorporated. set aside to allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
Line pie plate with crust and fold extra crust under if needed.
In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment beat eggs, flour and vanilla until mixture is smooth. In a steady stream add the syrup mixture slowly beating constantly.
On your pie crust layer coconuts, chocolate chips and pecans. Pour the egg mixture over top. Cover the edges with foil so they don’t burn. Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Remove the foil and bake another 20 minutes. Pie is done when filling is set and slightly puffed up in the middle.
Cool completely before serving
Here are some more Pie Day Recipes
- 4 ingredient Lemon Ice Box Pie by Creative Southern Home
- Brownie Pie by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Pie by Savory Moments
- Grapefruit Pie by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Kentucky Pie by For the Love of Food
- Key Lime Pie by Simply Inspired Meals
- Lucky Lemon Pie by The Spiffy Cookie
- Mexican Chicken Pie by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Mini Sheperd’s Pies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mushroom Galette by Caroline’s Cooking
- Rhubarb Berry Pie by The Redhead Baker
- Sky High S’mores Pie by Food Above Gold
- Spaghetti Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Tourtière Landaise (Apple and Armagnac Phyllo Pie) by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Virginia Pecan Pie by My Catholic Kitchen
- Zesty Tomato Pie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Peace be with you,