Southern Barbecue Black Eyed Pea Burger #Burgermonth
This Southern Barbecue Black Eyed Pea Burger is perfect with Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue sauce. It is without a doubt my southern inspiration for #Burgermonth.
Well, it is that time again. This years contribution to #Burgermonth hosted by Girl Carnivore is the Southern Barbecue Black Eyed Pea Burger. It is full of all kinds of Southern charm. It is also topped with a Asian Broccoli slaw that goes very well with the Barbecue Black Eyed Pea Patty. It is perfect for any bash you plan this summer.
I was not paid for Burgermonth, but I would like all y’all to savor the burgers and enter to win the amazing grill package including:
- American Lamb Board – ALB prize boxes 5 lbs of ground lamb, an apron, and a meat thermometer
- Anolon – 10″x 18″ Double Burner Griddle and Grill Pan
- Beef, It’s What’s For Dinner – prize packs of beefy grilling-themed goodies
- Char-Broil – Char-Broil Kettleman Grill
- Curly’s BBQ – Curly’s BBQ Pork Pack
- Cuttingboard.com – Olive Wood Carver Bo
- Melissa’s Produce – Baby vegetable box
- Primal Stone – XL Primal Stone
- Spiceologist – 4 Rub Grilling Spice Set
- Thermoworks – Thermapen Mk4
- Veal Made Easy – 5 lbs Veal and grilling gear
Follow along on Instagram with #GirlCarnivore & #BurgerMonth to see every burger recipe featured!
Southern Barbecue Black Eyed Pea Burger
1 can black eyed peas drained and rinsed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1/2 small diced onion
2 tablespoons Barbecue Sauce
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup AP Flour
4 slices of provolone cheese
1 bag broccoli slaw
1/4 cup Asian Dressing
4 hamburger buns
In a large bowl mash peas to desired consistency. Add Salt, egg, onion, barbecue sauce and bread crumbs. Form into a Patty. Dust patties with all purpose flour. Place in a skillet a cook for 5 minutes per side. Just when done add a slice of Provolone cheese. Allow to melt a bit before placing on the bun. Place Broccoli slaw on top.
Peace be with you,