Eggnog Pound Cake #ChristmasWeek
Just when you thought pound cake couldn’t get any better. The addition of Eggnog makes this cake a natural holiday favorite.
Welcome to Day Three of Christmas Week. This event is hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen. We hope to inspire you to break out those holiday sprinkles and get your bake on!
Giveaway Prizes include:
- One 5 piece set of Anolon Bakeware Set
- Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Quart Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
- Two Sets of Ball Heritage Collection Pint Jars (each set includes 6 jars)
- One Set of 1 Dozen Assorted Cookie Sampler Box from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen Bake Shop
- Two Sets of Brownie Brittle Snack Sampler (each set includes One 5-ounce bag of each flavour)
- Plus 1 Copy of each of these cookbooks:
- One Autographed Copy of Make Ahead Bread by Donna Currie
- One Copy of The Mixer Bible by Meredith Deeds
- One Copy of 175 Best Babycakes Cake Pop Recipes by Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss
- One Copy of 175 Best Mini Pie Recipes by Julie-Anne Hession
- One Copy of The 250 Best Brownies, Bars & Squares by Ester Brody
- One Copy of Oatrageous Oatmeals by Kathy Hester
- One Copy of Adventures in Comfort Food by Kerry Alteiro
- One Copy of Food Truck Road Trip by Kim Pham
- One Copy of Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Baking by Cara Reed
- One Copy of 100 Juices, Smoothies and Healthy Snacks by Emily von Euw
- One Copy of CopyKat coms Dining Out at Home Cookbook Recipes by Stephanie Manley
- One Copy of Copykat.com’s Dining Out At Home Cookbook 2 by Stephanie Manley
Be sure to enter the giveaway below. Open to U.S. residents only. Good luck everyone!
Egg Nog Pound Cake
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3 cups sugar
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup egg nog
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons powdered sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large bread pan with cooking spray
Cream butter and shortening in your mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the sugar and cream on medium speed until light and fluffy.
In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt with a whisk. In another bowl combine your egg nog, eggs and vanilla extract.
While your mixer is on low add the flour and egg nog mixtures to your sugar mixture in three increments. Alternate between dry and liquid. Beginning and ending with the flour. Fill your bread pan with the prepared batter. Bake 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and after 10 minutes invert the pan and allow to cool to room temperature before adding powdered sugar.
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peppermint Spritz Cookies by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Scandinavian Fruit Soup by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Egg Nog Pound Cake by My Catholic Kitchen
- Coquito Cheesecake Flan by Mind Over Batter
- Mulled Wine Fruit Gums by Food Lust People Love
- Soft Caramels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Eggnog Icing by From Gate to Plate
Peace be with you,