Grape Cornbread #BreadBakers
An easy sweet cornbread recipe made even sweeter with the addition of grapes. This is a perfect snack, side dish or dessert.
I am super excited about this post. This is a new group I have joined and this month it is all about the grapes. So now once a month at this time I get to blog to you about all kind of bread.
Living in the south I was always kind of used to my cornbread being on the not so sweet side. This cornbread is a bit different, it has a bit of sugar. Along with the sweetness of the grapes, this could be dessert. I totally could put a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream over this and call it a day.
On the other hand, I certainly wouldn’t turn away a wedge of this sweet bread to enjoy in the morning with my cup of coffee.
1 cup flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons honey
2 cups black seedless grapes cut in half
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray a 8×8 inch dish with cooking spray. Whisk the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment combine eggs, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla. Add milk and honey. Add flour mixture and combine until just incorporated. Mix in half of the grapes.
Pour batter into prepared dish. Sprinkle the remaining grapes over the top of the bread. Bake until cake turns golden brown around the edges and start to pull away from the pan. About 30-40 minutes.
Here are a few of my fellow bloggers who make bread with grapes.
- Beaujolais Bread from Robin at A Shaggy Dough Story
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread from Rocío at Kidsandchic
- Double Chocolate Red Wine Bread from Heather at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Grape Focaccia from Kimberly at Rhubarb and Honey
- Golden Raisin and Fennel Sourdough Pocket Bread from Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Grape Bread Pudding from Cindy at Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grape Cornbread from Vonnie at My Catholic Kitchen
- Grape Focaccia from Renee at Magnolia Days
- Grape Poppy Bread from Mireille at Chef Mireille’s East West Realm
- Oat & Raisin Hokkaido Loaf from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Peshawri Naan from Anshie at Spiceroots
- Poached Pear Brioche Tart from Sophie at Sweet Cinnamon & Honey
- Povitica from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Raisin Bread from Caro at En La Cocina de Caro
- Savory Grape Bread with Goat Cheese, Lemon and Coarse Salt from Jenni at Pastry Chef Online
- Schiacciata all’uva from Camilla at Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sweet Dry Grapes Bread with Cinnamon from Kathya at Basic N Delicious
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.