Caramel Pound Cake for #Bundtamonth
Now that I am older, boy have things changed. I am now really craving the sweets. I really love caramel. Just the thought of it makes my mouth water.
So when I found out this months theme was caramel, I was so happy. I couldn’t wait to figure out what to make.
The Hubster loves sweets too. While I was making this and taking the pictures, he was all over it. He could not wait for me to finish so he could dive in. That is exactly what he did.
On the negative side, when you read the ingredients you will see that there is a lot of sugar in this cake. I was surprised to, so I just had a little sliver. I didn’t want to go into a sugar coma. The thing is, it didn’t taste that overtly sugary.
I think you should give this cake a try. I thought it was very good. Even with all that sugar it had good flavor.
Here are a few other bloggers that also made some wonderful caramel bundts.
- Brown Butter Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Icing by Holly from A Baker’s House
- Buttermilk Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Icing by Carrie from Poet In The Pantry
- Caramelized Apple Bundt Cake by Lora from Cake Duchess
- Caramel Pound Cake by Veronica from My Catholic Kitchen
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel by Alice from Hip Foodie Mom
- Double Glazed Caramel Mocha Bundt by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Dulce de Leche Bundt Cake by Renee from Magnolia Days
- Dulce de Leche Swirl Pound Cake by Anuradha from Baker Street
- Orange Caramel Bourbon Bundt Cake by Paula from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Salted Butterscotch Caramel Bundt Cake by Laura from The Spiced Life
- Salted Caramel Mini Apple Cake Bundts by Anita from Hungry Couple
- Snickers Bundt Cake by Karen from In The Kitchen with KP
- Vanilla Bean Salted Caramel Bundt Cake by Kate from Food Babbles
Caramel Pound Cake
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 sticks butter at room temperature
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 stick butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt Set aside
In a bowl of a stand mixer combine butter, brown sugar, white sugar until smooth. Reduce the speed to low and add the eggs and milk.
Add the flour mixture and beat until smooth.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick in inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before inverting onto a plate.
To make the icing, melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add dark brown sugar and whisk for about 3 minutes until mixture is bubbling and smooth. Remove from the heat and whisk in the milk. Let mixture cool. Stir in the vanilla and gradually add the confectioners sugar. Stir until well blended and smooth. Pour icing over cooled cake.
Here ís how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule: Bake us a bundt using caramel
- Post it before July 31, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read #BundtaMonth: Caramel Swirl Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.
Link to BundtaMonth on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/BundtaMonth
Link to BundtaMonth on Pinterest –
Peace be with you,