#Bundtamonth Easy Cherry Cake
I love collecting them and have added two more to my collection since joining this group a few months ago.
My family and coworkers are also very happy about this club. They love eating the wonderful cakes that I make, and this month is no exception.
If you notice I only have four ingredients in this cake. It couldnt be easier. Actually there would have been five, but I forgot the almonds when I went to the grocery store to get the ingredients.
The cake turned out moist and delicious with a lot of cherries floating around in the mix. I was really surprised at how easy it was, and how good it was. I used a box cake mix and was very pleased with the results. I think I may try other box cakes with other pie fillings and see how they taste.
This cake would be ideal for a brunch or perhaps with coffee in the afternoon. I decided to just add a bit of powdered sugar dusted over the top. The cherry pie filling made the inside of the cake a nice pink color. I also loved the bits of cherry in the middle also. The almond extract gave it a slight almond taste that paired nicely with the cherries.
Easy Cherry Cake
1 box (16oz) yellow cake mix
2 large eggs
1 can (21oz) cherry pie filling
1 teaspoon almond extract
Preheat oven for 350 degrees.
Spray your pan with cooking spray and set aside until ready to use.
Combine cake mix, pie filling and almond extract in your mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the eggs one at a time making sure they are fully incorporated. Pour into a prepared pan. Bake for 28-30 minutes or when a wooden toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool 10-15 minutes before inverting cake from pan. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
If you are interested some of my friends also made some cakes this month.
- Black Forest Mini Bundt Cakes by Kim at Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cherry Blueberry Cheesecake Bundt by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bundt Cake by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Cherry Filled Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cherry Drizzle by Heather at Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Kirsch Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Cherry Pecan Bundt Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake by Anuradha at Baker Street
- Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake by Lora at Cake Duchess
- Chocolate Cherry Coke Cake by Jennie at The Messy Baker Blog
- Chocolate Cherry Dream by Kim at Ninja Baking
- Coconut Cherry Chip Bundt Cake by Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Lemon Cherry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Anita at Hungry Couple
- Mahlab Vanilla Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Spicy Cherry Yogurt Bundt Bake by Paula at Vintage Kitchen
- White Chocolate Black Cherry Yogurt Bundt Cake by Karen at In the Kitchen With KP
Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule: Use cherries – and bake us a Bundt for March
- Post it before April 30, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read – #BundtaMonth: Cherry Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.
Peace be with you,