Today’s Sunday Supper was supposed to be all about retro meals. It still is, but with a twist. I am saddened and both relieved to say that I will no longer be with Sunday Supper. Let me rephrase that. I was banned from Sunday Supper. That’s right, me I was banned. I have never been banned from anything in my life. Yet here I am. When I came upon Sunday Suppers from a few of my fellow bloggers, I thought it would be a match made in heaven. Isabel’s motto is Join us around the Family Table.
I should have took it as a sign to leave when the first week Isabel made what I thought was her first not so nice comment. She wondered if she should kick people out of Sunday Supper if they had a low twitter following. I happened to be one of those people, and I had only been there a week. At the time, I had about 200 followers. Needless to say it didn’t happen, I worked diligently to bring my followers up to more than 1000.
A month or two later she started a forum. It replaced the facebook that all of us were used to. I sent her personal messages through facebook telling her how unhappy I was about the forum and couldn’t understand why we couldn’t just stay on facebook. It seemed like everything I said to her just was not coming out the way I intended it to. I was not getting my point across. I was frustrated. I couldn’t understand the forums navigation and perhaps my frustration showed in my writing. Lets just say we left that conversation agreeing to disagree. Well, I think I went away thinking that. Looking back on it now, I think she took it as a personal attack and was not happy.
A month or two passes, I think I may have a handle on this forum thing. Isabel posts on facebook that we need to approve via triberr more. She singled one person out and chastised her, for not sharing enough via triberr. Even when a number of people told her we were all having problems with it. At that point I felt like she was calling us all liars. I should have stood up for my fellow blogger more, I am ashamed to say I didn’t. You would think at this point I should have cut my losses and moved on. Nope, for some reason I stayed.
Flash forward to now. In the coming weeks there will be a Land O Lakes theme on Sunday Supper. Isabel handpicked 20 bloggers for this event. Those 20 bloggers were contacted privately so I am not sure what the particulars are. After researching, I posted a article on the facebook Sunday Suppers about PETA and Land O Lakes that I found on line. Cows suffer for Land O Lakes It did not put Land O Lakes in a flattering light. Needless to say within an hour the post was removed. The next morning when I tried to get on the facebook and the forum I was banned. Saturday my recipe was removed from the links. I was stripped of my Sunday Supper tribe on triberr and also pinterest.
The moral of the long and arduous story? If we don’t value our content then why should others? We shouldn’t willy nilly promote something just because everyone else is. We need to research it ourselves. Make sure it is the right fit for us.
Join them, not me Around their Family Table this Sunday at 7pm Eastern Time and share your favorite Retro Food Memory with them. I wont be there. You can still enjoy my Watergate Salad.
Sunday Supper Retro Appetizers:
- Irish Cheddar-Whiskey Fondue by girlichef
- Retro Football Party: Fondue, Deviled Chicken Wings & Lemon Chiffon by Zest Florida Foodie
- She Devils: Beet Pickled Deviled Eggs by Ruffles & Truffles
Sunday Supper Retro Salads:
- Coca-Cola Salad by Magnolia Days
- Watergate Salad by My Catholic Kitchen
- Salmon Salad | Retro Tuna Salad by Family Foodie
- Ambrosia Salad by Simply Gourmet
- Romaine “Wedge” Salad with Hot Maple Bacon Dressing by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Carrot & Raisin Salad by The Roxx Box
- Sweet & Smoky Broccoli Salad by In The Kitchen with KP
Sunday Supper Retro Breads and Sandwiches:
- Italian Style Bread by The Meltaways
- Creamed Chipped Salmon Jerky on Toast by Pescetarian Journal
- Grown-Up Tuna Melts by Home Cooking Memories
- English Muffin Pizzas by Comfy Cuisine
- Patty Melt, Hand Cut Fries, & a Shake by Mooshu Jenne
- Grown-Up Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup by The Catholic Foodie
- Toast Topper #16: Grandma’s Mock Apricot Jam by Yummy What Smells So Good?
SundaySupper Main Dishes:
- Chicken Pot Pie Topped With Bacon Cheddar Biscuits by Chocolate Moosey
- Tuna Noodle Casserole by Country Girl in the Village
- Nana’s Marinated Beef Roast by Supper for a Steal
- Chorizo Scotch Eggs by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken Maryland by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Mushroom Stroganoff by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Dairyfree Toast Hawaii by Galactosemia in PDX
- Porcupine Meatballs by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chicken Kiev by The Urban Mrs.
- Salmon Quiche with Preserved Lemon by Shockingly Delicious
- Steak Diane by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Fried Chicken only in the Oven by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Hambak Steak a.k.a. Salisbury Steak by Kimchi Mom
- Retro-Redo: Homemade TV Dinner by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Kicked Up Meatloaf by Curious Cuisiniere
- Shrimp Scampi (a lighter version) by Kudos Kitchen
- Old-Fashioned Pork Chops by My Trial in the Kitchen
- Jägerschnitzel by Sustainable Dad
- Healthier Hamburger-Corn Noodle Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet
- Tuna Noodle Casserole by Cookistry
- Chicken-N-Biscuits Pot Pie Casserole by The Messy Baker Blog
- Souper Pork Chops with Mashed Potatoes by Mama.Mommy.Mom
- Meatloaf that will make you swoon and Datz the truth by Midlife Roadtrip
Sunday Supper Retro Sides and Veggies:
- Smokey Braised Red Cabbage by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Classic Corn Casserole by The Foodie Army Wife
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Balsamic by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Classic Green Bean Casserole Redux by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Mem’s Broccoli Casserole by Momma’s Meals
- Tator Tot Casserole by Neighbor Food Blog
Sunday Supper Retro Desserts and Cocktails:
- Peachy Keen Tutti-Frutti Jello by La Cocina de Leslie
- Old School Boozy Rum Cake by Webicurean
- Individual Baked Alaskas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Rainbow Jello by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by Noshing with the Nolands
- Pineapple Bars by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Creamy Dairy Free Fresh Orange Julius With Coconut Milk by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Refrigerator Strawberry Cheesecake by There and Back Again
- Frozen Pineapple Upside-Down Cake by Juanita’s Cocina
- Boston Cream Pie by Gotta Get Baked
- Coca-Cola Cupcakes by Daily Dish Recipes
- Jello Poke Cake by Flour On My Face
- Devil’s Food Cake by Maroc Mama
- Bread Pudding with Pecans by Basic and Delicious
- Victoria Sponge Cake by The Lovely Pantry
- A Chocolate Twist on the Classic Japanese Strawberry Shortcake by Ninja Baking
- Post War Apple Pudding by My Cute Bride
- Spaghetti with Currywurst Sauce by Masala Herb
- Layered Mini Chocolate Banana Cakes by Big Bears Wife
- Raspberry Jam Cakes by Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Cocktail: Moscow Mule by Crazy Foodie Stunts
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.
Peace be with you,